Tech: BitManip Task Group email@example.com
BitManip Task GroupThe BitManip work group will define extensions to the Unprivileged ISA that are comprised of bit-based instructions. These extensions are intended to enable the development of code that is substantially more performant and efficient that what is possible with the base instructions. Performance testing will be conducted by compiling or hand-assembling routines and then measuring performance improvement in a RISC-V modelling environment. Where possible, all or portions of standard benchmark tests will be employed in this testing. The new instructions will include operations from one or more of the following categories: bit counts, shift/rotate, insert/extract, set/clear, permute, and logical/mask. A base extension will include commonly used functions that are simpler to implement. An extended extension will be proposed should there be instructions that provide even more performance and power savings at a cost of more complexity.
- 142 Members
- 16 Topics, Last Post:
- Started on
Group Email Addresses
- This is a subgroup of main.
- All members can post to the group.
- Posts to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to sender.
- Subscriptions to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Archive is visible to anyone.
- Wiki is visible to members only.
- Members can edit their messages.
- Members can set their subscriptions to no email.
Top Hashtags [See All]No used hashtags.