BitManip Task Group email@example.com
Group DescriptionThe BitManip work group will define extensions to the Unprivileged ISA that are comprised of bit-based instructions. These extensions are intended to enable the development of code that is substantially more performant and efficient that what is possible with the base instructions. Performance testing will be conducted by compiling or hand-assembling routines and then measuring performance improvement in a RISC-V modelling environment. Where possible, all or portions of standard benchmark tests will be employed in this testing. The new instructions will include operations from one or more of the following categories: bit counts, shift/rotate, insert/extract, set/clear, permute, and logical/mask. A base extension will include commonly used functions that are simpler to implement. An extended extension will be proposed should there be instructions that provide even more performance and power savings at a cost of more complexity.
- 80 Members
- 148 Topics, Last Post:
- Started on
- This is a subgroup of main.
- All subscribers can post to the group.
- Posts to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to sender.
- Subscriptions to this group require approval from the moderators.
- Archives are visible to subscribers only.
- Wiki is visible to subscribers only.
- Members can edit their messages.
- Members can set their subscriptions to no email.