Re: Smstateen for Zcmt

Jeff Scott

Thanks Greg.  Would like to know what drove that decision.

Jeff

From: Greg Favor <gfavor@...>
Sent: Monday, May 16, 2022 4:49 PM
To: Jeff Scott <jeff.scott@...>
Cc: Allen Baum <allen.baum@...>; Tariq Kurd <tariq.kurd@...>; markhimelstein <markhimelstein@...>; tech-privileged <tech-privileged@...>
Subject: Re: [EXT] Re: [RISC-V] [tech-privileged] Smstateen for Zcmt

Caution: EXT Email

On Mon, May 16, 2022 at 2:42 PM Jeff Scott <jeff.scott@...> wrote:

Why are Zcmt opcodes using FP opcodes?  Is this a final decision by the committee?

This is what is proposed by the Code Size Reduction TG.  Tariq can comment on the reasons why.

Any "final decision" by the AR committee will only come when it reviews the final spec being proposed.  (But if I remember right, Tariq and the TG have good reasons for resorting to reusing some of the DP FP encoding space.  And I forget what related "working" feedback has come from other AR members to Tariq in the past.)

So, for now, this issue is in the TG's hands as part of developing the final spec.

Greg

Join tech-privileged@lists.riscv.org to automatically receive all group messages.