Re: Proposal: Supervisor Timer CSR and Virtual Supervisor Timer CSR
toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
A few other small nits:
- Besides by S-mode and M-mode, the stimecmp CSR is accessible by HS-mode; and is accessible by VS-mode as well (during which the vstimecmp CSR contents substitute for stimecmp contents).
- The vstimecmp CSR is indirectly read/write accessible during VS-mode (as well as directly during M-mode and HS-mode).
- The *stimecmp CSR's are shown as having bits [11:0] and they are shown as TBD. They instead should have the same format as mtimecmp, i.e. a full 64-bit unsigned value.
- Section 2.2 mistakenly says that "instructions that access stimecmp when V==0 access vstimecmp instead". That should be for when V==1.
- From M/S/HS/VS modes, access to stimecmp does not trap. But it does trap from U/VU modes.
- From M/S/HS modes, access to vstimecmp does not trap. But it does trap from VS/U/VU modes.
- Lastly, what section 4 asks for, I believe is already provided via hideleg bit 6.