Date

No meeting for this week

Hao Guan

Hello everyone, I want to notice that we don’t have a meeting for this week.

I upload an adoc file on https://github.com/riscv/riscv-rasd/blob/main/Specification.adoc

which can hold our proposal for RAS specification.

I am discussing with Petar now, and he will contribute to the definition of “R, A, S” and “Errors, Failures, Faults, Defects”, as we discussed on last meeting.

If you have any suggestion about preparing RAS specification draft, please discuss it in the email list.

Hao Guan

Meeting in an hour//RE: RASD group meeting for this week

Hao Guan

FYI.

Hello everyone, we will meet on March 25th , Thursday, 7am PDT.

I have a topic: Discussion RAS Spec draft for chapter 1 (terminology definition). Please review the draft.

If you have other topic, please let me know.

zoom link:

https://zoom.us/j/2908455492?pwd=LzJRRFNSS0NHUVpocUhuczl6VURxdz09

Time zones:

PDT/PST, Pacific Daylight Time (US)

7:00a        Thu, Mar 25 2021

CET/CEST, Central European Time

3:00p        Thu, Mar 25 2021

BEIJING, China

10:00p      Thu, Mar 25 2021

Regards,

Hao Guan

Re: RASD group meeting for this week

Hao Guan

Hi Petar, thank you for your suggestion.

Looking forward to the meeting.

Regards,

Hao Guan

Dear Hao Guan, all,

In the following recently published document you can find a good summary (IMO) of the RAS-related terminology
Towards Resilient EU HPC Systems: A Blueprint
>> https://resilienthpc.eu/blueprint2020
See Section 2: Terminology

The document is one of the outcomes of the collaboration work between 30 RAS experts from Europe and US,
so I believe that the terminology that we used is widely accepted and could be considered as de facto standard.

I will happy to discuss this tomorrow.

Best wishes,
Petar

On 24-Mar-21 10:35, Hao Guan via lists.riscv.org wrote:

Hello everyone, we will meet on March 25th , Thursday, 7am PDT.

I have a topic: Discussion RAS Spec draft for chapter 1 (terminology definition). Please review the draft.

If you have other topic, please let me know.

zoom link:

https://zoom.us/j/2908455492?pwd=LzJRRFNSS0NHUVpocUhuczl6VURxdz09

Time zones:

PDT/PST, Pacific Daylight Time (US)

7:00a        Thu, Mar 25 2021

CET/CEST, Central European Time

3:00p        Thu, Mar 25 2021

BEIJING, China

10:00p      Thu, Mar 25 2021

Regards,

Hao Guan

WARNING / LEGAL TEXT: This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information which is privileged, confidential, proprietary, or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, distributing, copying, or in any way using this message. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and destroy and delete any copies you may have received.

http://www.bsc.es/disclaimer

Re: RASD group meeting for this week

Petar Radojkovic

Dear Hao Guan, all,

In the following recently published document you can find a good summary (IMO) of the RAS-related terminology
Towards Resilient EU HPC Systems: A Blueprint
>> https://resilienthpc.eu/blueprint2020
See Section 2: Terminology

The document is one of the outcomes of the collaboration work between 30 RAS experts from Europe and US,
so I believe that the terminology that we used is widely accepted and could be considered as de facto standard.

I will happy to discuss this tomorrow.

Best wishes,
Petar

On 24-Mar-21 10:35, Hao Guan via lists.riscv.org wrote:

Hello everyone, we will meet on March 25th , Thursday, 7am PDT.

I have a topic: Discussion RAS Spec draft for chapter 1 (terminology definition). Please review the draft.

If you have other topic, please let me know.

zoom link:

https://zoom.us/j/2908455492?pwd=LzJRRFNSS0NHUVpocUhuczl6VURxdz09

Time zones:

PDT/PST, Pacific Daylight Time (US)

7:00a        Thu, Mar 25 2021

CET/CEST, Central European Time

3:00p        Thu, Mar 25 2021

BEIJING, China

10:00p      Thu, Mar 25 2021

Regards,

Hao Guan

WARNING / LEGAL TEXT: This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information which is privileged, confidential, proprietary, or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, distributing, copying, or in any way using this message. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and destroy and delete any copies you may have received.

http://www.bsc.es/disclaimer

RASD group meeting for this week

Hao Guan

Hello everyone, we will meet on March 25th , Thursday, 7am PDT.

I have a topic: Discussion RAS Spec draft for chapter 1 (terminology definition). Please review the draft.

If you have other topic, please let me know.

zoom link:

https://zoom.us/j/2908455492?pwd=LzJRRFNSS0NHUVpocUhuczl6VURxdz09

Time zones:

PDT/PST, Pacific Daylight Time (US)

7:00a        Thu, Mar 25 2021

CET/CEST, Central European Time

3:00p        Thu, Mar 25 2021

BEIJING, China

10:00p      Thu, Mar 25 2021

Regards,

Hao Guan

RASD Meeting Minutes for 2021-03-04

Hao Guan

RISC-V RASD Meeting Minutes

Time: 2021/03/04 7am PDT.

Attendees: ~15

Topics:

1.      Declare of anti-trust and code of conduct notice.

2.      Amit Pabalkar presents "Introduction of SIG-Safety" to seek cooperation with RASD (e.g.in error management).

3.      Hao Guan introduce the final charter draft.

a)        some attendees suggest to expend RAS scope to include embedded domain.

b)        charter has been updated: https://github.com/riscv/riscv-rasd/blob/main/charter.adoc

4.      GitHub Repo: https://github.com/riscv/riscv-rasd

a)        Meeting minutes: https://github.com/riscv/riscv-rasd/blob/main/minutes

b)        charter: https://github.com/riscv/riscv-rasd/blob/main/charter.adoc

c)        Specification: TBD

d)        Issue tracking: https://github.com/riscv/riscv-rasd/issues

e)        send an email to 'guanhao5@... ' if you want to join the repo

5.     Next step: Discuss about RAS terms and definition.

Hao Guan

Notice: Meeting in an hour

Hao Guan

FYI.

Hello everyone, we will meet on March 4th , Thursday.

7 am-8 am PDT

4 pm-5 pm Central Europe

11 pm-12 pm China

zoom link:

https://zoom.us/j/2908455492?pwd=LzJRRFNSS0NHUVpocUhuczl6VURxdz09

Agenda:

1.      Introduce to SIG-Safety (Amit Pabalkar)

2.      Discussion for final charter.

3.      Other topics.

We can discuss about the final charter before the meeting and please tell me if you have any idea.

Regards,

Hao Guan

Agenda for March 4th, RASD meeting

Hao Guan

Hello everyone, we will meet on March 4th , Thursday.

7 am-8 am PDT

4 pm-5 pm Central Europe

11 pm-12 pm China

zoom link:

https://zoom.us/j/2908455492?pwd=LzJRRFNSS0NHUVpocUhuczl6VURxdz09

Agenda:

1.      Introduce to SIG-Safety (Amit Pabalkar)

2.      Discussion for final charter.

3.      Other topics.

We can discuss about the final charter before the meeting and please tell me if you have any idea.

Regards,

Hao Guan

FYI: Reschedule this week's meeting to next week

Hao Guan

I have rescheduled today's meeting to next Thursday (google calendar is also updated)

fyi

Reschedule this week's meeting to next week

Hao Guan

Hello everyone, our meeting for this week conflicts with "RISC-V Technical Community All Hands for Q1".

I suggest to rescedule it on next week (March 4).

---Hao Guan

Functional Safety SIG informal/preparation meeting

Jérôme Quévremont

Dear all,

Tomorrow’s meeting is an informal preparation meeting about Error management. The outcome will be presented next week at the periodic SIG-Safety meeting.

The invite has been shared with the RASD HC (RAS+Dependability horizontal committee).

Regard,
Jérôme

[@@ THALES GROUP INTERNAL @@]