Topics

[RISC-V] [tech-tee] Request a new CSR address for pmp ext.

Joe Xie

Thanks, Ken.

From: <tech-tee@...> on behalf of Ken Dockser <kdockser@...>
Date: Wednesday, October 7, 2020 at 11:01 PM
To: "tech-unprivileged@..." <tech-unprivileged@...>, Joe Xie <joxie@...>
Cc: Andrew Waterman <andrew@...>, Nick Kossifidis <mick@...>, "tech-tee@..." <tech-tee@...>
Subject: Re: [RISC-V] [tech-tee] Request a new CSR address for pmp ext.

External email: Use caution opening links or attachments

Hi Joe,

I am in the process of updating the proposed  Instruction Encoding Allocation policy to include proposed new state. We have not yet determined how we will go about reviewing such proposals in the unprivileged standing committee. That said, we need to do this soon as yours is the first of many proposals for instructions/state that are headed our way.

Thanks for providing a pointer to your proposal, I will review it and discuss it with the other members on the unprivileged standing committee. I’ll let you know if we have any questions, concerns or need more information. My plan is to get back to you within two weeks (i.e., by October 21).

Thanks,

Ken